Sleep Medicine: However, sleep is still one of the poorly understood physiological phenomena, and sleep medicine is still a nascent and evolving specialty. Very few specialists exist to treat sleep disorders exclusively and most of the disease burden is taken up by general physicians, respiratory physicians, neurologists, and psychiatrists. This course by Dr. Sankaran, a Consultant sleep physician in Nelson, New Zealand caters to that group who routinely encounter patients who have sleep disorders disease and patients who would benefit from the knowledge of sleep disorders.
Guidelines for viewing online CME
- Please login to your account at https://cme.raaonlinecertify.com with details already provides to you.
- To enroll for the CME, please click on the ‘TAKE THIS CME’ button on the top right of the web page.
- Your access to the CME starts when you buy this course and ends in one month.
- Please note that the duration of this CME is one month and the fees include the fees payable to TNMC for credit hours.
- All Videos and Tests will be accessible during this period.
- Please note that the processes associate with this CME are automated and hence, an extension of this deadline is not a possibility.
- A Video should be view fully for it to be consider complete.
- Once a Video lecture is fully view, please click on the ‘Complete’ button appearing below the video player.
- You will be able to see your progress in the Progression Bar at the upper part of the page.
- The Videos can be watch multiple times. Minimum is once. There is no maximum number for which a video can be repeatedly watch.
- Click ‘Finish CME’ once complete. Please note that you will be allow to re-take Tests and re-watch Videos even if you have completes the modules.
- We will be automatically intimates by the system when we complete watching all the videos and have complete the quiz with an overall score of at least 50%.
- We will be notifying TNMC of the list of delegates who have complete the CME.
- Your access to the CME will stop at the end of the last day of the month. Kindly complete the modules in time before that. An extension is not possible.
- The Credit Hours Certificate will be issue by the TNMC to eligible delegates on their register Email ID.
- If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact the Academic Director, Dr. Shyam T, at 9884748671, or the Organizing Secretary, Dr. Ranjith K, at 9841136568.
Consider the following statistics:
One-third of a human lifespan is spent in sleep.
Sleep kills more people in road traffic accidents than alcohol.
Sleep was responsible for disasters such as Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, and the Challenger Space Shuttle explosion.
Common sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea are routinely associate with other systemic diseases like uncontrolled hypertension and morbid obesity.
- Lectures 10
- Tests 6
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Medicine Graduate
- Language English
- Students 6
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Sleep Breathing Disorders Classification
Approach to Sleep Disorders
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Video – Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Quiz – Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Video – Video – CPAP For Treatment of OSA
- Video – Treatment options for OSA – Other than PAP Part 1
- Video – Treatment options for OSA – Other than PAP Part 2
- Quiz – Alternative treatment options to PAP therapy
- Quiz – CPAP therapy for OSA