Cardiac Disease and Anesthesia
Cardiac Disease: Patients with heart disease undergoing non-cardiac surgeries are at increases risk for perioperative cardiovascular events such as myocardial infarction, heart failure, and even mortality. Also, the diagnosis and treatment of Congenital Heart Defects have greatly improveds over the past few decades. As a result, Anesthesiologists are bound to frequently face this subset of patients. The challenge for Anesthesiologists in handling patients coming for extracardiac surgery lies in the patient’s age, the complexity of the heart lesion, the patient’s capacity to compensate, urgency for surgery, and multiple coexisting diseases. Administering Anesthesia to these patients with pre-existing
cardiac disease is an interesting challenge. This online CME will equip the Anesthesiologist to face these challenges confidently.
Guidelines for viewing online CME
- Please login to your account at https://cme.raaonlinecertify.com with details already provided to you.
- To enroll for the CME, please click on the ‘TAKE THIS CME’ button on the top right of the web page.
- Your access to the CME starts when you buy this course and ends on the last day of the 3rd month.
- Please note that the duration of this CME is 3 months and the fees include the fees payable to TNMC for credit hours.
- All Videos and Tests will be accessible during this period.
- Please note that the processes associates with this CME are automating and hence, an extension of this deadline is not a possibility.
- A Video should be view fully for it to be consider as complete.
- Once a Video lecture is fully view, please click on the ‘Complete’ button appearing below the video player.
- You will be able to see your progress in the Progression Bar at the upper part of the page.
- The Videos can be watch multiple times. Minimum is once. There is no maximum number for which a video can be repeatedly watched.
- Click ‘Finish CME’ once complete. Please note that you will be allows to re-take Tests and re-watch Videos even if you have completed the modules.
- We will be automatically intimates by the system when we complete watching all the videos and have completed the quiz with an overall score of at least 50%.
- We will be notifying TNMC of the list of delegates who have complete the CME.
- Your access to the CME will stop at the end of the last day of the 3rd month. Kindly complete the modules in time before that. An extension is not possible.
- The Credit Hours Certificate will be issue by the TNMC to eligible delegates on their registered Email ID.
- If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact the Academic Director, Dr. Shyam T, at 9884748671, or the Organizing Secretary, Dr. Ranjith K, at 9841136568.
RAAONLINE is always identifying opportunities for further growth to cover each and every field of Anesthesiology and pushing each academic event to consistently win big. It’s your enthusiasm and participation that encourage us to reach greater heights. Do join us and be a part of our amazing journey.
- Lectures 25
- Tests 2
- Skill level Medicine Graduate
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
PRE TEST MCQ
- Preoperative evaluation and Cardiac Risk Reduction Strategies in cardiac patients coming for non cardiac surgery
- Mitral valve for anesthesiologist
- Aortic Valve and Anesthesiologist
- Anesthetic Implications of Diastolic Dysfunction
- Anesthesia for patients with heart failure
- Management of perioperative right ventricular dysfunction
- Anesthesia for Off – Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Perioperative Arrhythmias
- Anesthesia For Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
- Pacemaker and Anesthesiologist
- Patients with pulmonary hypertension coming for non cardiac surgery
- Perioperative myocardial ischemia
- Perioperative Optimization Using Hemodynamic Parameters
- Anesthesia for a patient with congenital heart disease coming for non cardiac surgery
- Atrial septal defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Patent ductus arteriosus
- Coarctation of aorta
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Atrioventricular septal defect
- Neonatal Systemic Pulmonary Artery Shunt
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Grown up Congenital Heart Disease Part 1
- Grown up Congenital Heart Disease Part 2